Progenics’ fee schedule is clearly defined below with options allowing you to choose the payment method that is most convenient and affordable for you. If the cord blood is not processed, the paid fee except the registration fee will be refunded. If it is processed but cannot be stored because of positive results of infectious diseases, only the paid processing fee and storage fee will be refunded.
Cord Blood Banking Fee Schedule
- By completing your registration and submitting the required documents, you agree to make payments for your registration and subsequent storage renewal fees before or on the payment due dates. Payments may be made in person, online, over the phone, by fax, mail or email.
- If the yield of nucleated cells from processing (rounded to the nearest whole number), is less than eighty-five percent (%), you will be entitled to free cord blood banking including 20 years of storage.
- If the volume of cord blood collected (rounded to the nearest whole number), is less than 20mL, you will obtain a 50% discount on the cord blood storage fees.
- Hospitals/physicians may charge a fee for cord blood collection and/or administration (please check with your health care providers for details).
- Maternal blood from the birth mother must be collected on the day of or within 7 days after the birth of your baby. If your are not able to arrange this with your health care providers, you can make an appointment with Progenics for a home visit ($30.00) or drop by our office to have it collected for free. If you will be delivering outside the GTA, Progenics will advise which clinic/laboratory to go to for the maternal blood collection.